Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

Popular Posts

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Best Makeup Bargain Brands!


Shopping is one of my favorite things to do however, I do try to save money where I can. I figure that if I save money then I'd be able to use that money towards something else. One of the things that I try saving money on is on beauty products. I won't go out and buy expensive makeup products that I have no idea about. For example, before I started wearing foundation I bought a less expensive one so that I could get the feel of that liquid texture on my face before buying another one. Same with primers and lipsticks. I will buy shades I don't own just to try them on. Once I know a certain shade or color looks good on me I'll buy a higher end lipstick in that color that will most likely look better and have a better formula.

If you are starting out using makeup and are still practicing your skills then Elf is a perfect brand to start using. I have been using Elf for years now and even though I have moved on to higher end brands I still like to try out less expensive products to see if I like a certain product or not. I tried their foundation first because I didn’t know how to even apply it so I was able to learn how to do it. I also absolutely love their blush and contour compact and I have not used other blushes. I especially love their brushes because they are very good quality and since they are so inexpensive you can have several of the same kind. Recently, I bought the 4 blush palette and the high definition powder with a brush to go with it. I have only tried it once but it made my face stay matte throughout the day and night. Elf also has zit zapper pen that you can spot on your face whenever you see a zit coming and the next day it will no longer be there. The crazy thing is that it actually works and it's only one dollar! 

NYC is also a great brand with really affordable make up products. My favorite product that they have is their Liquid eyeliner. I actually bought this at a dollar store for one dollar years and years ago but they must've gotten very popular because now they are like $3 dollars at Walmart which is still an awesome price. I see different makeup artists using them on Youtube all the time so I know its not just me who thinks they are the best liquid eyeliners of all time. 

Finally, if you do your nails on your own regularly then Sinful Colors nail polish is the way to go. They are only $2 at Walgreens and their colors are pretty nice. I buy them so often because they have new colors come out every season. These are the best polishes to buy if you want to try new colors. I also just use the Seche Vite top coat from Sallie's because it makes them look really shiny almost like they are gel nails. 

I really recommend buying less expensive products before trying more expensive brands just because you never know if you'll even need that certain product or if you'll really like it. If you're new to using makeup you can expand your collection with less expensive staples that you'll probably end up wearing often. What are lower end or drug store brands you like to wear? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment





Mailing List Popup

Connect with Me!

Follow

About Me

Yulie|23|Chicago In love with all things beauty, love, life and travel! Currently trying to find my "calling" in life one day at a time ;) Welcome to my blog!

Search

Get Blog Post Updates !

* indicates required
Blogger Babes Influencer Network