Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

Popular Posts

Friday, October 23, 2015

Ipsy vs Birchbox - October 2015 Review

This month I had really mixed reviews on both of my subscriptions because I either really loved the products or I really disliked them. The reason I continue to receive my subscriptions is because just loving 2 or 3 of the 5 products makes the actual monthly cost really worth it. 

This was the second Birchbox that I received and I was pretty happy with it because I loved 3 out of the 5 products. I can't wait to start using them!
1. Death Valley Dry Shampoo by R+Co in a really good sized bottle. This is my favorite product for this month because I've really been wanting to try a new dry shampoo and also because it smells so good! It's great for using as a dry shampoo or using it to add volume and texture to your hair.
2. Huge Extreme Lash Mascara by stila is also a sample size mascara in a really cute gold tube. I love the brush and can tell that it makes it look like I have more lashes when I put it on. This was a great product because I know it's something I'd definitely buy at the store.
3. HandDrink Hand Cream by Jane Iredale was the next product and considering it's a hand cream it came in a tiny bottle. It even states on the bottle that it is only for the "evaluation of texture and aesthetic properties only. Amount insufficient to provide stated SPF protection". That just goes to show how tiny it is. This is definitely a miss and not a hit for me. 
4. BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvinator from Varsani Cosmetics is a formula with tiny crystals that help exfoliate the skin. It smells really good and I love using exfoliates so I'll definitely be using this one.
5. Pomegranate Crush Illuminating Sheet Mask by BioRepublic was my last item and it was also a miss just because it's only one mask and although it's nice to try it, you also need to use 2-3 a week to get results. 

This month I was really happy with Ipsy once again. I was extremely excited about 3 out of 5 items. 
1. Meet Matt(e) Highes Long-Lasting Liquid Lipstick by theBalm is amazing! I love the way that the color looks on me the texture of the liquid lipstick is also really nice and even had a menthol-y or tingly sensation on your lips which I really enjoyed.
2. Hello Lashes by IT Cosmetics was another great product ! I love trying out new mascaras so I will definitely be using this one.
3. Come Clean facial scrub by Hey Honey is a really nice scrub w a good texture for sensitive skin. It smells good and I've had products from this brand before and I really like them. 
4. Mini Browza Super Proof Gel Brow Pencil by Touch in Sol is amazing! I was about to go out and buy the Anastasia of Beverly Hills Brow Wiz pencil but I'm glad this came just in time. It even has the little eyebrow brush on the other end and the color matches my color perfectly! 
5. Exotic &a Spicy Eau de Parfum by Aromachology was not a product I liked at all. It was a cute little perfume tester bottle but it smelled like flowers and I don't like it at all. I don't like perfume testers in general because I'm really picky about what I like. 

Overall, I either really loved the products or I didn't like them at all however, I still recommend this to people who haven't tried these subscriptions out because it's a great way to test out new companies that u might really end up loving. Let me know what you love about your Ipsy or Birchbox subscription!

0 comments:

Post a Comment





Mailing List Popup

Connect with Me!

Follow

About Me

Yulie|23|Chicago In love with all things beauty, love, life and travel! Currently trying to find my "calling" in life one day at a time ;) Welcome to my blog!

Search

Get Blog Post Updates !

* indicates required
Blogger Babes Influencer Network