Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

Popular Posts

Monday, October 26, 2015

Meal Prep Monday !!




So for this weeks meal prep I made a fairly easy meal that does not require a lot of time or ingredients. 

I made grilled chicken with brown rice and a side of veggies. Because I knew I'd have a really busy week I decided to buy 1.5 lbs of organic chicken tenderloins, a bag of frozen veggies instead of "fresh veggies" and I also got Uncle Ben's Wholegrain Ready Rice. I used to always make my own rice but I never made a perfect batch I'd always over cook it or under cook it which led me to just throw it away. I then looked online to see if there was a difference between quick rice vs. homemade rice and this is what I found, "The lab found that there was no appreciable difference in the nutrient profiles of regular versus quick-cooking. Both are considered whole grains, and both are good sources or manganese, magnesium, selenium and fiber." 
I am so happy to have found this because now I can continue to buy the quick rice with out feeling guilty about losing out on nutritional value. 

First I season my chicken with my Mrs. Dash seasoning. I use the garlic herbs one because I really like garlic. Make sure to get both sides evenly. 

Then I lay all the chicken on the pan to cook. While I do this I start either cutting up the veggies or in today's case I just had to open the bag of the stir fry veggie mix and also get that all in a pan. 
The rice only takes one minute and a half to cook so I put that in the microwave.
Once the chicken is nice and brown on both sides and the veggies are done I put it all together in these Glad containers. They are really the best size for meal prepping. They might look small at first but its the perfect portion. They are also extremely affordable which is great.


That is it for my Meal Prep Monday! If you have any meal preps that you do share them with me :) !

0 comments:

Post a Comment





Mailing List Popup

Connect with Me!

Follow

About Me

Yulie|23|Chicago In love with all things beauty, love, life and travel! Currently trying to find my "calling" in life one day at a time ;) Welcome to my blog!

Search

Get Blog Post Updates !

* indicates required
Blogger Babes Influencer Network