Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Ipsy vs. Birchbox November 2015



Ipsy 
This months Ipsy was again very exciting. I got really great products and am excited to try all of them. 


  1. Smashbox Full Exposure mascara - I've heard so many good reviews so I am really excited to use it.
  2. Jelly Pong Pong Liquid luminizer - This is the first time I have tried a liquid high lighter and I like it already :)
  3. trèStique mini matte lip crayon in the color Chile Red. The packaging on this is so cute because it looks like an actual crayon. My friend even asked me why it didn't have a cap on it lol.
  4. INSPR eyeshadow in the color Carnival. It's a really nice goldish color. It's not as pigmented as I thought so you'd have to apply a couple coats in order to get a good color on your lid. I actually think I'll be using it more as a highlight for the inner corner of the eye and for my cheekbones. 
  5. Novex Brazilian Keratin is a extra deep hair care cream that you leave in for a few minutes. I used this and it made my hair really smooth and shiny so I really love this product. 

Birchbox 
This month I got a few skin care products which I don't really like but after trying them I found that they are actually really nice. 

  1. Beauty Protector - it's a hair detangler and it smells really good and I always need one so I really enjoyed it. 
  2. Klorane smoothing and relaxing patches with soothing cornflower. I'm really excited to try these patches because my dark circles are too much sometimes. 
  3. LOC vibrant Matte lipstick - Really nice maroon red color that is perfect for the fall and holiday season.
  4. Nuxe multi-usage dry oil looks like a perfume and smells really good so I was adamant to use it but I chose to use it on my hands and face since I get really dry skin when it gets cold out.
  5. The Organic Pharmacy manuka cream is a light moisturizer that's supposed to minimize acne and balance out the skin. I tried it because I get a lot of red blemishes on my face but I won't know if it actually works until I use it for a few days. 
Overall, I definitely think that Ipsy wins again. Not only are the products and the bags they come in super cute but it gets to my house in the first and a half week of the month. Birchbox gets to me by the middle to the second half of the month which can be annoying since I always hope to get these posts up early on in the month. I really enjoy some of Birchbox's products but since they send me so many skin care products I think I will be canceling it. I love makeup and would rather get makeup samples rather than skin care products especially since I like to stick to my usual face creams. 
Do you have a subscription that you recommend? Do you have either of the above subscriptions and love or hate them? Make sure to let me know in the comments below :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment





Mailing List Popup

Connect with Me!

Follow

About Me

Yulie|23|Chicago In love with all things beauty, love, life and travel! Currently trying to find my "calling" in life one day at a time ;) Welcome to my blog!

Search

Get Blog Post Updates !

* indicates required
Blogger Babes Influencer Network