Sunday, September 20, 2015

Ipsy vs. Birchbox September 2015

 
This month I decided to not only get Ipsy but to sign up for Birchbox as well. Like Ipsy, it is a monthly subscription for beauty products that only costs $10 a month. I hadn't heard as many reviews for Birchbox as I had for Ipsy but I decided to give it a try.
 
The Ipsy bag contained 5 different products which are
1. NYX colaborated with Ipsy for an eyeshadow trio. This is exclusive to Ipsy subscribers and I really love the colors because they are more on the neutral side. I love to wear browns and golds so I will be using this one for sure.
2. Lipstick by Liptini in the color special edition Startlet Cocktail. It is a really nice shade of red but since I prefer matte lipsticks I don't know if I'll wear it yet.
3. Formula X nail polish in the color Ignite is a really nice deep red. I love it because the polish goes on almost like a gel and it is just a really nice color.
4. Eau Thermale Soothing Moisture Mask is for redness or overly dry skin. Although I haven't used it I am looking forward to it since I sometimes get red spots on my face.
5. Lastly, I got a Rosehip and Hibiscus moisturizer from Bayberry Naturals which is a really fresh and light facial cream. I'm normally not a huge fan of creams and moisturizers but this one is nice.


The Birchbox contains 5 products also and I was pretty impressed for it being my first time receiving this subscription.
1. The first product that caught my eye was the Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow in the medium/deep color. It’s a sample size brow gel with a little applicator brush. I used it twice already and like how it keeps my brow hairs in place but I don’t think this is sufficient to make my eyebrows look the way I want them to. ip
2. Amika Shield Style Extending Spray is a spray that protects your hair against frizz and extreme heat. This is perfect for using it when traveling and the best thing about it is that is smells sooo good !
3. Dr. Brandt Pores no more cleanser is a best-selling face wash that is supposed to minimize pores in order to get that soft, smooth skin. I haven’t used it yet but I don’t think the size of the bottle is enough to fully make a judgement on it.
4. Harvey Prince has a perfume called Eau So Divine. It’s a good scent but I am just not very fond of perfume samples.
5. Last was the POP Beauty - POP Portfolio Eyeshadow in the shade Sugar Plum. It is a really nice and pigmented color palette and I know I will be using it for sure.

 September was a really great month for Ipsy and although I did like Birchbox I think that Ipsy was the winner in my book. If you are wondering whether or not to subscribe to Ipsy or Birchbox I say go for it. It is only $10 a month and you can cancel whenever. Even if you don't always like everything that comes in the box/bag it is still worth the ten dollars and it's pretty fun to receive this each month.

Which was your favorite subscription this month?

0 comments:

Post a Comment





Mailing List Popup

Connect with Me!

Follow

About Me

Yulie|23|Chicago In love with all things beauty, love, life and travel! Currently trying to find my "calling" in life one day at a time ;) Welcome to my blog!

Search

Get Blog Post Updates !

* indicates required
Blogger Babes Influencer Network