Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Being Positive !! 5 Tips on Becoming a More Positive Person


 Being positive is one of the best things that you can be because it makes you stay sane throughout tough times.

Today I realized that so far the cold weather hasn't bothered me. Really random and probably strange for some of you but the reason that I am very surprised by this is because I am the type of person that absolutely hates the cold. Living in the Chicago area doesn't make it any better since our winters can be pretty brutal. Not only that but one day it can be a nice autumn day and the next it snows 10 inches (this literally happened last week). So as I was thinking about how crazy it is that it hasn't phased me, I realized that it's because lately I've been having a more positive outlook on life. I have found that being positive is honestly the best policy. 

If you're having troubles in school, stay positive and know that it'll all pay off in the future and you're most likely closer to being done than you think. 

If you're unhappy or unsure about your relationship, stay positive so that you both can work it out OR be positive that you'll find someone in the future that will deserve and appreciate you. 

If you're unsure about your job where you're currently at, be happy that you at least gained some knowledge and new experiences and that now you know that's not what you want to do later on in life. 

Lately I've been really unhappy with myself because I stopped working out and I've also been eating unhealthy causing me to gain a couple pounds :/ So I decided to start a 28 Day fitness and diet program and I've been kinda worried that I won't keep up with it. So instead of being nervous about trying a new workout program I'll be positive that this time I will stick to it and I'll hopefully make more progress than I've ever done before.
When you start thinking with a positive mind nothing will really bother you and you'll learn to appreciate the small things in life that we encounter day to day.

I've learned that by having a positive attitude I'll be happier with myself therefore having a better life. Instead of getting mad that it's all cold and snowy I'm  going to appreciate it because hopefully it means I'll get to have a white Christmas.

Tips on having a more positive outlook 
1. Stop comparing your life to other people's lives. You aren't them and they aren't you so stop. Plus, if you are comparing your life to theirs based on what you see on social media you probably don't realize that people obviously share only the good on there. What you don't see is their problems at home, work or school. 
2. Smile more! Smiling can actually trick your mind into thinking you are happy therefore making you feel better. Also you might make someone's day by smiling at them.

3. Do something nice for someone. Sometimes we don't realize that a small gesture can go a long way. Not just that but when you help someone else out it ends up making you feel better than they probably do. Try doing a good deed daily.
4. Surround yourself with positive people and get rid of negative people. There are the kinds of people that want to bring others down when they see them doing better or if they are having a rough day they want others to have a rough day also. If you don't want to completely get rid of them because they are long time friends or family, then just communicate less with them. 
5. Be grateful of EVERYTHING that you have in life. For you friends, family, car, education, etc. Basically be happy that you have the things that others don't. We often take little things for granted like our relationships with people or even material things. Once you take a minute to appreciate everything you'll realize you probably have more than you realized. Sometimes we get down on ourselves because we have a lame job or a lame car. We should really be happy we even have a job and a car to get around places. I mean have you ever had to walk more than a couple blocks to get somewhere? 

I hope these few tips help. I know it can be really hard sometimes to have a positive attitude when you feel like everything is going so bad in your life. But have faith that things will get better and they will. 

Do you have any other tips to remain positive in your life? Shareeeeeee :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment





Mailing List Popup

Connect with Me!

Follow

About Me

Yulie|23|Chicago In love with all things beauty, love, life and travel! Currently trying to find my "calling" in life one day at a time ;) Welcome to my blog!

Search

Get Blog Post Updates !

* indicates required
Blogger Babes Influencer Network